Hey, this is pretty cool: Wayne being interviewed on a San Francisco radio station! It took place when the Mets were in SanFran last weekend. If you listen to it, you'll learn that Wayne:
• Is completely obsessed with the Giants, who were his favorite team when he was growing up and still have that status today.
• Still hasn't gotten over being sacked by the Giants early in his broadcasting career.
• Could "see fear in Atlee Hammaker's eyes" before a 1987 playoff game and therefore knew the Giants were doomed.
• Is still reliving in his mind the time he had six RBI in a high school game.
• Thinks New York is "a TV town, not a radio town" (a very odd thing to say when you work in New York radio).
• Babbles on endlessly and won't let the interviewer get a word in edgewise (not unlike the way he broadcasts a game).
My thanks to Paul Widerecht for bringing this one to my attention. Fire Wayne Hagin already!